Connecticut Pride Softball
Connecticut Pride Softball
Pride Softball Parent, Family, Fans Code of Conduct Agreement
I understand that travel softball is a highly competitive sport and there are no guarantees as to the amount of playing time or position that my daughter will play during games. I am aware that the team has a limited membership and as such that my daughter’s participation is crucial in maintaining the high standards of play the team is working to attain.
The objective of the Pride Softball organization is to provide your child with a wholesome atmosphere in which to engage in healthy athletic competition.
Another goal of Pride Softball is to build character in our young adults. Because of the excitement and high emotion of some of our games, guidelines regarding what the organization expects from parents and their children appear in this agreement and the player’s code of conduct.
The essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship.
Please know that cheering, excitement, and exuberance is encouraged, but please be careful and always express this in a positive manner. Even when being vocal in an attempt to help a child, you should avoid acting or saying anything that is demeaning to your child or someone else’s.
By signing this agreement, you understand you are not by yourself in a vacuum when things are said and done at games. Your daughter, the players, and parents from both teams observe and hear everything that is said and done. Parents’ poor or over-the-top behavior will ruin the experience for others.
At Games, only the coaches will be allowed in the dugout and/or on the bench.
The organization will not tolerate any behavior on the playing field or in the stands which wouldhinder the spirit of sportsmanship and cooperation that we are trying to encourage.
1. DO NOT COACH YOUR CHILD FROM THE STANDS. The coach and player on the field may have specific signs, or prearranged scenarios to ask a player to do something. Do not interfere with that Coach’s instruction.
2. Abusive and foul language is not permitted.
3. I will emphasize skill development with my daughter and agree to practice softball on a weekly basis.
4. Conduct of any guests of parents is the responsibility of the parent/guardian whose child will participate on the team. Please think twice before saying something critical.
5. This is an elite travel program. I will do my part to have my player attend all practices, tournaments/ scrimmages, and fundraisers at the designated time.
6. Reinforce and remind your daughter to honor the player’s code of conduct she is bound to uphold.
7. I will make sure my daughter remains in the dugout and/or on the bench when she is not in the game, and to cheer her teammates.
8. I will remember that children participate in sports to have fun and that the game is for youths, not adults.
9. I will inform the coaches of any ailment, injury, or physical disability that may affect the safety of the child or the safety of others.
10. I will not openly complain about or, bring up, team issues, or my displeasure about other players in front of my daughter, other players, or team parents.
11. I will respect the officials and their authority during the games and will never question, discuss, or confront the coaching staff after the game. I will take the time to speak with the coaches at an agreed time or place.
12. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to understand the concept of what it means to be a team player.
13. I will demand that my child treat other players and coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, ability, or difference of opinion.
14. I will learn the rules and policies of the team, and of the game we play.
15. I will not yell at, criticize, or ridicule my child or any participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
16. I will remind my child not to ask the coaches during a game, scrimmage, or practice about playing time, batting order placement, or starting or substitute status. Should I have any questions concerning specific playing time, positions(s), and/or concerns regarding interest in specific areas of the game, I will discuss this matter with the coaches directly at the appropriate time and place (outside of team events).
17. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner. Even after a loss or bad game.
18. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility, verbal abuse, or violence.
19. I will not disrespect the property and equipment used at any sports facility. This includes the disposal of trash, restrooms, and parking lot.
20. No alcohol or drug use is allowed at any games, scrimmage, or practice.
21. I will not force my child to play on the team if she does not want to.
22. It is understood that I may withdraw my player from the team at any time upon written notice to the Head Coach. No fees will be refunded. Any equipment must be returned to the organization upon request. Unpaid items ordered prior to withdrawal are forfeited.
I understand that travel softball is a highly competitive sport and there are no guarantees as to the amount of playing time or position I will play during games. I will agree to listen to and follow the instructions of the Team Manager and coaching staff at ALL TIMES.
I am aware that the team has limited membership, and as such that each player’s participation (including my own) is crucial in maintaining the high standards of play we are striving to attain. As such, I understand my attendance at all game practices, team meetings, scrimmages, and official games is important to the Team’s success.
I agree to display good sportsmanship, and positive behavior, cheer on my teammates, take pride in personal & team accomplishments, and accept winning or defeat with dignity at ALL TIMES.
Obey and understand the following:
• ATTENDANCE – is mandatory for all practices, scrimmages, games, and functions. We understand certain issues may arise, but any absences must be approved by the head coach. Unexcused absences may result in limited playtime or removal from the team. During softball season, players are not allowed to miss Pride practices, games, or team functions due to recreational team games, practices, or functions.
• During games: I understand that team rules require my teammates and me to remain in the dugout and/or on the bench while the game is going on (AT ALL TIMES). I am not allowed to sit with parents or with spectators. Even, if I am not in the game. (Excused illness only)
- Take pride, take care, and wear my uniform properly at all times
- Wear my entire uniform at games (removal of any part for any reason must be first approved by the coach)
- During the game, I will know where my equipment is at all times.
- While in the dugout, I will cheer on my teammates. No distracting horseplay.
- Players will not bully teammates or players from other teams in person or online. (ex. Any Social media plate form- Snapchat, Tik-Tok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, musical.ly, Kik, ovoo or text message)
- I will pay attention to the game at all times. I will watch and pay attention to base running instructions from the base coaches and not from fans watching the game, including parents.
- NO player is to question a coach about the player’s position or playing time during a game. either about themselves or in secondhand conversation with others. There are proper times and places for this. Tournament weekend or games isn’t one.
- I agree not to: use foul language, physical aggression, and uncooperative behavior/body language (including facial expressions, back talk, and body gestures that criticize my Manager or any member of the coaching staff or players), arrive at practices, tournaments, and team functions at the designated time (that means I am ready to walk onto the field and play the game at all times regardless of position or playing status). When in the game, I will pay attention to the game and be ready to make a play to help my team at all times.
- I agree to arrive at practices, games, tournaments, and team functions at the designated time (that means I am ready to walk onto the field and play the game at all times regardless of position or playing status). When in the game, I will pay attention to the game and be ready to make a play to help my team at all times.
I am aware and understand that there will be consequences for not following these rules and they are:
• Reduced playing time.
• Removal from the game/ lineup
• Released from the team
• Running laps, sprints, etc.
• Should I have any questions concerning specific playing time, positions(s), and/or concerns regarding interest in specific areas of the game, I will discuss this matter with my manager or coaches directly at the appropriate time and place (outside of games, practices, the team dugout).
Consequences and Penalties
Failure to live up to the Code of Conduct, whether it be by the athlete or parent, may result in one of the following sanctions being imposed by the Coach and/or the Board of Directors upon the athlete:
a) Suspension from the team – the suspension imposed may range anywhere from one game or practice to one or more games or weeks, depending upon the severity of the misconduct and the surrounding circumstances.
b) Dismissal from the team for the remainder of the season.
c) Permanent dismissal from the Pride Softball Organization.
Possible Reasons for Suspension or Expulsion from the Team
Failure to comply with Pride Softball Player/Parent Handbook guidelines. Two or more unexcused absences from scheduled practices, games, or meetings. Walking out on practices, meetings, or games.
Exhibiting disrespect, being physical with another player, negative behavior towards teammates, coaches, officials, or spectators by player or players’ parents/guardians. Each case will be handled on an individual basis.
Use of Alcohol, Illegal Drugs or Tobacco including vaping during the season. Players caught using these will be immediately dismissed from the team. Not only is the use of these drugs illegal, but they also severely inhibit a player’s ability to perform at a championship level.
Waiver / Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Pride Softball Program, related events, and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciated, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume all responsibility for any participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately, and
4. I for myself and on behalf of my heirs assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless the Pride Softball Program, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I have read this release of liability and assumptions of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement. By signing, I agree to the above statements and verify that the date of birth is correct.